WP6 A user-friendly economic simulator
The idea of the simulator is to make it very easy to pose policy questions and understand the answers. It will support intuition building dialogue and dissemination. The simulator will be designed to ensure the model is transparent and not a “black box”, make it easy to run experiments and scenarios, collect data, and analyze and visualize results
Policymakers will be able to experiment with policy prescriptions and see the results of their prescription under different scenarios in real time. For a given specific scenario, the simulator will produce a range of possible future outcomes over a given time horizon.
We also plan to build the tool so that it can both be run usefully on a PC on a policymaker’s desk. This will help develop intuition about the system and rapid hypothesis testing. It can also be used on a supercomputer for in-depth analyses of large-scale ensembles of runs.
- Create a simulation based decision-support tool to help policymakers analyze the modeled economic simulations.
- Increase public awareness of non-linear feedback effects in economics.
- D6.1 A specification of the simulator
- D6.2 Prototype simulator
- D6.3 Production version
- D6.4 At least one paper submitted for publication in a top-ranking journal
Related Research Outputs:
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC)
- The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford
- Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
- Centre de Recerca en Economia Internacional (CREI)
- MedizinischeUniversitaet Wien (MUV)
- The City University (CITY)
- AITIA International, Inc. (AITIA)
- Università degli Studi di Palermo (UNIPA)
- Commisariat à l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives (CEA)
- Università Politecnica delle Marche (UPM)
- Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (SNS)
- WP1 Database construction
- WP2 Agent-based model of the financial system (FABM)
- WP3 Agent-based model of the macro-economy (MABM)
- WP4 Economic experiments
- WP5 Online economic game
- WP6 A user-friendly economic simulator
- WP7 Stylized complex systems models
- WP8 Integration and coordination of Agent Based models