WP5 Online economic game
We will create an online role-playing game in which players can take on different roles and observe simulated economic outcomes. The game will use the agent-based model to perform all the budgetary calculations, set prices, and implement constraints as needed.
One purpose of this game will be to collect data on decision-making. These games could potentially involve hundreds of participants from around the world.
A second purpose will be as a tool to build people’s understanding of economics. A minor variation of the online game can be used as a role-playing game with small groups of players, such as a group of policymakers. Such a game could raise public awareness of economics, which could aid in the dissemination of results while also increasing public understanding.
- Create and run an online economic game in which players in different locations can do role-playing and observe the collective outcome of their actions through the internet.
- Create a version of the same game, in which players are in the same location, to be used by policymakers.
- Use the data collected from this game to better understand economic decision-making.
- Increase public awareness of nonlinear feedback effects in economics.
- D5.1 Game architecture
- D5.2 Integration plan
- D5.3 On-line game
- D5.4 A role-playing game for players in the same geographic location
- D5.5 Test plan
- D5.6 Test report
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC)
- The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford
- Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
- Centre de Recerca en Economia Internacional (CREI)
- MedizinischeUniversitaet Wien (MUV)
- The City University (CITY)
- AITIA International, Inc. (AITIA)
- Università degli Studi di Palermo (UNIPA)
- Commisariat à l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives (CEA)
- Università Politecnica delle Marche (UPM)
- Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (SNS)
- WP1 Database construction
- WP2 Agent-based model of the financial system (FABM)
- WP3 Agent-based model of the macro-economy (MABM)
- WP4 Economic experiments
- WP5 Online economic game
- WP6 A user-friendly economic simulator
- WP7 Stylized complex systems models
- WP8 Integration and coordination of Agent Based models